Fall 2020 All-State Auditions Updates
All-State Audition Update Information for the 2020-2021 School Year
Please return to this page for current information concnerning the FOA Fall 2020 All-State auditions. These auditions are for the All-State Orchestras scheduled for January 2021 at the FMEA Clinic/Conference.
- General All-State Information from FOA President Matt Davis (08/10/2020 - YouTube Video)
- Information sheet containing All-State audition information. (08-10-2020)
- HeartOut app introductory video (This app will be used for Fall 2020 FOA All-State auditions)
FMEA Modification to the All-State Eligibility Policy for the 2020-2021 school year only.
For this year only, the FMEA board of directors has approved a modification to the All-State Eligibility Policy to accommodate certain students enrolled virtually.
- During the 2020-2021 school year only, any elementary or secondary student desiring to audition for a Florida Music Education Association (FMEA) All-State performing ensemble may audition and participate when the following conditions are met:
- The student must be enrolled/registered at a public school or a public school associated/directed e-learning or virtual setting related to a specific public school district or be enrolled in a private school, public charter school, or home education music cooperative.
- For the 2020-21 school year only, students who would normally be enrolled in a music ensemble, but do not have the opportunity or access to a music class or ensemble, may audition for an all-state ensemble provided they are sponsored by an active FMEA/FMEA Component member teacher at the school where the student is associated.
- For the 2020-2021 school year only, home education students must be enrolled/registered at a home education music cooperative and sponsored by their active FMEA/Component member teacher from that home education music cooperative where they are a regularly participating member of an ensemble.
- All students must be approved/sponsored by the school principal/headmaster/site or organizational administrator, and an active FMEA/FMEA Component member school music teacher at the school where a student is associated.
- FMEA/FMEA Component members who approve/sponsor students will take responsibility for the students they sponsor throughout the FMEA Professional Development Conference and All-State Performance Ensembles.