Adjudicator Approval Requirements
Please note that the qualifications for becoming an FOA Approved Adjudicator have changed per action of the Executive Board (August 2, 2014) and are effective immediately.
The next Adjudicator Training workshop will be held on January 11, 2017 at the FMEA Clinic/Conference.
1. Minimum of (5) years teaching experience in Florida.
2. DOE approved teacher currently teaching orchestra in a Florida school.
3. Current membership in NAfME, FMEA, and FOA.
4. Must have received an overall Superior rating at District Concert MPA at least (3) of the past (5) years.
5. Potential adjudicators must be nominated by their district prior to the FOA May board meeting. The nominated adjudicator must be approved by two-thirds majority vote of that district’s membership (total number of district members, not just those present) for the nomination to be moved forward to the FOA Executive Board. The district vote shall be by secret ballot.
6. The Executive Board may approve the district’s recommendation by two-thirds majority vote of the Executive Board (total number of Executive Board members, not just those present) to be eligible to attend the Approved FOA Adjudicator training. Voting will be done by roll call.
NOTE: Any FOA member is allowed to audit the FOA Adjudication Training, as long as registration and fees are paid.
- Workshop: Jan. 11, 2017; Marriott Waterside Hotel, Tampa, FL
- Renewal Registration due 12/31/2016
- Send to FOA Executive Director (address is on the form)
- Enclose a check for $75.00 made payable to FOA