All-State Audition Requirements and Application Forms
All-State Audition Requirements for the 2015 All-State Orchestras
NOTE: Sheet music for All-State auditions is not available for download. Music needed for auditions must be purchased. Information concerning edition or vendor is listed on the All-State audition lists.
Observe the listed edition of the audition material. In many cases different editions have different musical material. Students will be judged based on edition listed!
SPECIAL NOTE FOR THE 2015 MIDDLE SCHOOL VIOLIN AND VIOLA ETUDES:
The Wohlfahrt Foundation Studies, which is used for the Middle School All-State auditions, is currently available in a new edition. The new edition is the same music, but has additional marking for dynamics and bowings. Be aware that in the new edition of the viola books the etudes are numbered differently. Judges will be given copies of both editions. See below for specific information:
Middle School Violin
Old Edition: Wohlfahrt Foundation Studies for the Violin (selected, edited and arranged in progressive order by K.H. Aiqouni) Carl Fischer publisher
- Book 2: No. 27 [Op. 45, No. 42 in C Major] (page 27)
- Book 2: No. 28 [Op. 45, No. 49 in C Minor] (page 28-29)
New Edition: Wohlfahrt Foundation Studies for the Violin: 42 Studies from Op. 45 and 74 (selected and arranged in progressive order by K.H. Aiqouni. New edition and DVD performance by Rachel Barton Pine) Carl Fischer publisher
- Book 2: No. 27 [Op. 45, No. 42 in C Major] (page 39)
- Book 2: No. 28 [Op. 45, No. 49 in C Minor] (page 40-41)
Middle School Viola
Old Edition: Wohlfahrt Foundation Studies for Viola (transcribed by Merle J. Isaac and Ralph Lewis) Carl Fischer publisher
- 1: No. 10 [Op. 54, No. 6 in B-flat Major] (page 14)
- 2: No 57 [Op. 74, No. 44 in G Major] (page 29)
New Edition: Wohlfahrt Foundation Studies for the Viola (selected and arranged in progressive order by K.H. Aiqouni. New edition by Rachel Barton Pine and DVD performance by Matthew Lipman) Carl Fischer publisher
- Book 1: No. 11 [Op. 54, No. 6 in B-flat Major] (page 18)
- Book 2: No. 39 [Op. 74, No. 44 in G Major] (page 53)
Violin Recorded Excerpts Available
*If you would like to hear the violin excerpts for all the groups, you can go to the FMEA website. This project was done by the Florida Orchestra, and should be viewed only as a resource, and not as the one and only interpretation.Excerpts for other instruments are scheduled to be added.
PLEASE NOTE: Traditional, Home and Virtual School students MUST be enrolled in their local public or private school orchestra or their home school music association. If no orchestra program exists at the student's local public or private school, the student MUST be enrolled in a music class at that school and be sponsored by that school music teacher who is a member of FBA, FVA, FOA and/or FMEA and who is at least an FOA Associate member. No student will be allowed to audition for any FOA All-State Orchestra unless the sponsoring teacher is a current Full or Associate member of FOA. (Executive Board Action, October 28, 2010)
2015 All-State Application Forms
- All-State Orchestras Application - (To Be Completed Online) - Directors Only
- FOA Parental Agreement Form - (Adobe Acrobat PDF) - Must be included for all orchestras! One per student.
- All-State Student Participation Contract (One contract per student.) Also available on the FMEA-MPA Online website. (Students may obtain this from their director.)
- 7 - 8 Honors Orchestra Application - (Adobe Acrobat PDF) (Available on the FMEA-MPA Online website.)
- 9 - 12 Honors Orchestra Application - (Adobe Acrobat PDF) (Available on the FMEA-MPA Online website.)
2015 All-State Rehearsal Locations
Listing of rehearsal locations for 2015 Clinic Conference (Adobe Acrobat PDF)
The All-State Audition Requirements and Application forms are Adobe Acrobat 7.0 (pdf) files. These pdf forms are now able to be saved if you are using Adobe Acrobat Reader 8 or later.