2022 All-State Audition Requirements and Application Forms
Again this year, FOA is providing the audition list and the music for All-State auditions. The etudes and excerpts provided below are the official audition music. Other sources, methods, and editions may be different - including etude numbers, measure numbers, and rehearsal letters. Students will be evaluated against the attached music. All provided music is in the Public Domain.
2022 All-State Audition Lists and Music
- 7th & 8th Grade Middle School All-State Orchestra Audition List and Music
- 9th & 10th Grade Concert All-State Orchestra Audition List and Music
- 11th & 12th Grade Symphonic All-State Orchestra Audition List and Music
- 9th - 12th Grade All-State Harp Audition List
- 9-12 Grade Harp Materials (Not yet available)
NOTE: For the audition date/location of the Fall 2021 All-State auditions for your FOA District, check with your schools's orchestra teacher or your FOA District Chair.
The etudes and excerpts provided on this page are the official audition music. Students will be evaluated against the attached music. All provided music is in the Public Domain.
PLEASE NOTE ALL-STATE PARTICIPATION RULES:
Any secondary student participating in the Florida Music Educators Association (FMEA) All State performing ensemble must be enrolled/registered at a public school, private school, public charter school, home education music cooperative*, or virtual school. In addition, the student must be a regularly participating member in the appropriate middle school or high school performing ensemble (band, chorus, orchestra, or guitar ensemble) from that school, and sponsored by the Active FMEA/Component member teacher from that school. A home-education student must either be a regularly participating member in an ensemble listed above or enrolled/registered at a home education music cooperative. In addition, the student must be a regular participating member of an ensemble equivalent to the above in the music cooperative*. Home education students must be sponsored by their Active FMEA/Component member teacher from that home education music cooperative*. If the appropriate performing ensemble does not exist at the student's local public, private, public charter school, home education music cooperative*, or virtual school, the student MUST be enrolled in one of the other eligible performing ensembles at that school and be sponsored by that Active FMEA/Component member teacher from that school.
Any student deemed ineligible may appeal to the FMEA eligibility committee prior to September 1st.
*Home Education Cooperatives should also be a member of the Florida School Music Association (FSMA).
(Home Education Students must fill out and turn in the Home Education Registration Form below as part of their All-State Application.)
2022 All-State Application Forms
- Home Educated Students Forms
- All-State Orchestras Application - (FMEA-MPA Online website) - Directors Only
- All-State Student Participation Contract (One contract per student.) Available on the FMEA-MPA Online website. (Students must obtain this form from their director.)
- 7 - 8 Honors Orchestra Application - (Adobe Acrobat PDF) FMEA-MPA Online website - Directors Only
- 9 - 12 Honors Orchestra Application - (Adobe Acrobat PDF) FMEA-MPA Online website - Directors Only
2022 All-State Rehearsal Locations
Listing of rehearsal locations for 2022 Clinic Conference (Adobe Acrobat PDF) (TBA)